Crafting a perfect dissertation summary without a hitch
The summery is one of the most vital part of dissertation papers along with abstract and introduction. Many evaluators go through read these parts of a dissertation and delve in the main text if they are hooked by them. This implies that you have to take extra care while writing these chapters and strive to make them perfect and interesting. Technically a summery consists of ‘analysis and discussion’ of the central question raised in the dissertation followed by a ‘conclusion’ part. Here are some basic rules to follow while writing the summary chapter of your thesis.
A good analysis is important in structuring a dissertation
This part generally is a combination of your test results and a discussion on them. This is often the prime value addition in your thesis and it would help you if you follow these checklists
- Make sure that you have mentioned all relevant test parameters and conditions.
- Make sure that you have used appropriate statistical tests where required.
- Make sure that your test results correspond to the central question in your thesis.
- Make sure that when you link, compare or analyze the test results, you are coherent with the central question or the theory in your thesis.
- Make sure that the language is simple and clear.
- Try to be objective about your work.
A good conclusion sums up your dissertation steps
Conclusion sums up your thesis. There are some general rules for writing this chapter –
- You can’t present any new material in this chapter. You can reintroduce or reinforce your topic or approach for better elucidation though.
- You can’t present new data in any form
- Summarize the findings from your research
- Make your recommendations for further scope of research
In some cases, these components might be overlapping each other to form a larger ‘summery’ of the dissertation but care should be taken not to do a cut & paste job from earlier parts.
Of the entire thesis, summery is often written last. There is a chance that it might be poorly written as you might be burnt out after writing the thesis. You can take professional help from a doctoral dissertation writing service to write a summery for you in situations like this. Just carefully select the writing service best suited for your requirement and place your order. This is a more hassle free way to get a good summary for your thesis, but remember to check on the writer and the writing service before you place the order. Keep in mind that the summery of you dissertation is likely to get noticed and inspected most – so you absolutely have to make sure that it stands out.