Ministry of Peace Building in the Nairobi Slums
"I have come so that they may have life and life to the fullness" This sentence of the Gospel tells us the desire of God that all may live fully. Peace is a condition for this fulness of life.
Reconciliation and the building of Peace are important tasks of the Church. Faced with the strong violence that poverty is, and the consequences of this situation that often brings about suffering and destruction of live, Peace Building has become an important and urgent ministry in the slums and Informal Settlements of Nairobi.
In many of the schools there are Peace Clubs, and Peace Building is part of the activitiy of many parishes.
Christ the King parish in Kibera and Kariobangi Parish have a Peace Department.
- Cultivating a Spirituality of Peace-building in Hopeless Situations - Interview carried out by Fr. Elias Omondi Opongo, SJ, with Gustavo Gutierrez a Liberation theologian
- Meetings at Kibera - Desperate situation in Nairobi slums
- KENYA: Human Rights Network Say No to Impunity
- Tana River and KIBERA Skirnishes
- KENYA: Ten Killed, Many Injured in Nairobi Fight
- KIBERA Interfaith Peace Initiative
- INITIATIVE COMMITTEE
- PRESS STATEMENT