Practical advice on how to carry out a research for dissertation
Research in any form is integral to any thesis or dissertation. One needs to mention the process of conducting the research or the methodology also in the paper, often submitting it with the proposal itself. The details of the research, the way it was conducted and the results, form the central point in a project and makes for the most important dissertation chapter. Here are some practical advices on carrying out a research.
Understanding what is dissertation research
All theses are based on a primary question and research is finding, gathering and analyzing the data or evidences in support of that question. Therefore research is the primary reason for a dissertation or thesis to exist. One has to form an idea of the research involved along with ideation of the topic for research.
Writing dissertation research proposal
This is the first thing you will write about the thesis or dissertation. A research proposal is a more detailed description of the project, and is based on the preliminary thinking you have done on the subject. A comprehensive research proposal will be able to draw the framework of the entire project.
Making a research plan
The next formative step after the proposal is to make a detailed research plan. This plan will be the guide for further data collection, tests and other investigations throughout the project. The plan should consider academic or theoretical and also practical aspect of the task at hand.
- The method considered for conducting the research
- The time frame time to complete the research
- Required access to equipment or infrastructure
- Required access to the population of interest
- Involvement of human resources
- Possible costs
Conducting the research
There are some precautions while conducting the research which one needs to follow.
- Be realistic about the scope for research on a topic –
- Create a realistic time planning considering all practical aspects –
- Plan properly and well ahead –
- Keep provision for contingencies –
- Focus on one thing at a time –
- Allot time for revisions and editing –
- Do not procrastinate on your plan -
- If something goes wrong have the courage to re plan and start again
Writing the chapters
Data collection, experiments and tests and other investigations take up most of the time in a research project, leaving relatively less time for writing about it. However if the test results and all the data collected are recorded properly, writing about the research shouldn’t be a problem.
If for some reason you find the writing part tiring or beyond your scope, you can seek help of a professional writing service, who will write the paper according to your wish. Remember to select the writing service carefully when you pay for dissertation, in order to get a quality paper.